Friday 13 January 2017

Stockpory 2nd January 2017

Little pub crawl round Stockport.

We started the day at the railway near the peel center (I think there are 2 pubs called the railway.) This is a strange pub as there are no signs on the outside telling you it's name and it looks slightly abandoned on the outside. But when you walk through the door you are greeted with a glorious site of 8(ish) real ale pumps. After a look at the pumps I decided on trying a pint of the kelham island beer called crazy. I picked it for it's name but it's was a beautiful pint. A very tasty mild.



We were both feeling a bit hungry at this point and we had heard good things about the food at the Arden arms so we thought we would try there. A historic pub which is tied to Robinsons brewery. I ordered a pint of the sessional Robinsons ale but it tasted very similar to unicorn. Not a great pint to be honest. It was here I received a tweet staying that one of my favorite pubs in stockport (the remedy bar) was shutting in an hour. Since the food didn't take our fancy at the Arden arms we thought we would quickly eat at wetherspoons and then catch last orders at remedy.



At wetherspoons I had a pint of the stonehenge brewery's pigswill. 2 things ruined the experience in here. Firstly the bar man could have smiled. He was a miserable sod. Then the food took ages to arrive so I missed my visit to the remedy bar. I was gutted. 

All pubs seemed to be shutting at this point. We walked past the closed the petersgate tap. So we thought we would end the crawl in the old Vic near the station. It has 6 real ale and a junk shop feel. Friendly landlord and beer is always top quality here. We had 3 pints here. 2 from the mallisons brewery. Very very nice and 1 from the salopian brewery which had a strange plasticy taste.

A very nice day with lots of quality beer. Stockport is one of my favourite local ale spots

Bamber out!

No comments:

Post a Comment