Wednesday 25 January 2017

Cheshire Brewhouse Visit 22nd January 2017 - Mini Blog

I was doing some cover work in Congleton on Sunday and on the way in I saw a chalkboard saying brewery tap this way. I thought I must try that sometime. After work I was driving back when I saw the sign again. I quickly turned around and thought. Why not? Lets try it. I followed the signs for about a mile when I finally made it to an industrial unit with 'Cheshire Brew House' on the front.

I go through this door and a sign says upstairs for bar. I get half way up the stairs when this young enthusiastic boy bounds up to me. Informing me his dad isn't here at the moment. I carry on up the stairs where I am greeted by a lady who informs me that the brewer is not here and that she can't do the bar, But she can sell bottles. I thought I would get some bottles for when im home.

The bar was like an attic with wooden tables with a few pumps. Nice and cozy. Because it is on top of a brewery it had a lovely brewery smell. There were lots of different bottles. Mostly from themselves with a couple of exceptions. I chose 3. A strong one and a couple of average ones. All sensibly priced.



After I buy these I get talking to the lady who tells me all about her husband the brewer and things happening with the brewery with their son enthusiastically chirping in at points. After about 20 minutes of talking I had to go so could not wait for the brewer to return. A really enjoyable experience and a cracking find. I look forward to my next visit where hopefully Ill be able to stay for few more drinks and to meet the brewer.






Bamber our.

No comments:

Post a Comment